We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Rewatch Engineering team.We are not only committed to delivering the best experience possible, but are committed to do that at scale.
In this role, you will be having the opportunity to work as an engineer with a distributed and passionate team delivering the platform and the infrastructure that companies depend on. In this role also you will design, implement, rollout and support a highly performant, features with your team.
Here at Rewatch we believe video is the most valuable set of knowledge that companies don’t take advantage of. Having spent years working at GitHub, we observed their unique workflows and tooling around internal videos and saw firsthand how foundational video has been at building shared understanding and connection at a remote company.
Rewatch is the system of record for all of a company’s internal videos and creates a private and organized video channel for teams. The product automatically transcribes every meeting, all hands, and product demo so you can search all the spoken content across every video and unlock the company knowledge trapped inside.
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate closely with Product Design to build new features
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will participate in code reviews to help root out bugs and other security issues
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
What we value
- Experience with SQL, general database knowledge.
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and other service layers.
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as understanding of monitoring, observability, continuous integration & deployment.
- Ability to gather, analyze, debug and fix problems that occur with live production systems
- Experience working remotely on a software team
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Demonstrated design skills for large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems.
More things to know about us
Our last public fundraising was a $2M round led by Semil Shah at Haystack with participation from Kent Goldman at Upside Partnership plus a number of other investors including Sahil Lavingia (CEO, Gumroad), Jason Warner (CTO, GitHub), and Jason Smeale (SVP of Engineering, Zendesk) among others.
Rewatch is an equal opportunity workplace. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other differences.Apply now
What we offer
- Work remotely
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Work life balance
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental and vision insurance (US)
- Computer, display, desk chair